* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 dash salt
1. Add lemon rind to butter; cream well.
2. Add part of sugar gradually, blending after each addition.
3. Combine lemon juice and water; add to creamed mixture, alternately with remaining sugar, until of right consistency to spread.
4. Beat after each addition until smooth.
5. Add pinch of salt.
Makes enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 9-inch layers, or to cover the top and sides of golden sponge loaf.